The sunshine may be deceptive (if glorious), but the calendar does not lie: spring is soon to be springing. And with it, lots of brilliant events that I'm lucky & glad to be a part of: discussing, facilitating, chairing, and learning. Join me! Take your pick from:
- Free Speech and Literature: 6 week evening class with English PEN and Bishopsgate Institute, starting tomorrow (20 Feb), 6.30 pm, at Free Word Centre, Farringdon Road.
- Saturday 2 March: The Rest is Noise Weimar Weekend, Royal Festival Hall. Bites talks -- I'll be talking about Nosferatu at 1pm, and Rudolf Laban and his school at 4 pm.
- Monday 4 March: The Radical Land of Oz at the BFI, 8.30 pm: a panel discussion on Oz' radical utopia and the visions it has inspired.
- Thursday 7 March: Place of Work, artists' films, at Whitechapel Art Gallery, 7pm.
- Friday 8 March: Women's Day (Dzien Kobiet), Kinoteka, Riverside Cinema, 7pm. With AM Bakalar and Liz Hoggard. Free for all women and all women spirits!
- Wednesday 17 April: Translating Culture in Times of Conflict, English PEN event at London Book Fair, with Sabrina Mahfouz, Samia Mehrez and Robin Yassin-Kassab.
- 22 April-15 July: 6 session Bishopsgate Institute Book Club -- Armchair Travel. Alternate Mondays, 6.30-8.30 pm. Bishopsgate Institute.
- Thursdays 23 May-27 June: World Changing Writers, 6 week evening class with English PEN and Bishopsgate Institute, Free Word Centre, Farringdon.
- Saturday 25 May: A Celebration of Tadeusz Rozewicz, Royal Festival Hall. Featuring George Szirtes, Tom Paulin and Katy Carr.